Friday, August 5, 2011

Arena's in The Old Republic

Should there be arenas in the old republic seems to be a question making the rounds lately.  Myself I'm not a fan of the arena system, though I love open world pvp and enjoy battlegrounds, I think it would be a good thing for the old republic as long as they don't continually rebalance the whole game like in wow because of it.  I think that they should just accept that classed aren't necessarily balanced 1 on 1 vs. each other, and I think that's a good thing, and that's a good thing.  If they feel rebalancing is required make the changes pvp only and make it so certain classes have weaknesses and strengths vs. certain other classes.  I see no problem if a trooper could almost always take out a imperial agent but the agent could almost always take out another class, as long as each class ended up with a class they better against and one they were weaker than.  I would also say make arenas for say 4 people so there would be a good variety of classes, I would think it would be easier to balance a 4 vs. 4 battle to be close to even in class mechanics than try to balance a 1 vs. 1 or 2 vs. 2 and try to make every class balanced against all others. Make it so the optimal arena 4 man team contains 1 of every class.

No comments:

Post a Comment